As an influencer, when you post content on behalf of a brand, GRIN has the amazing ability to capture this content to collect metrics about that content and report this to the brand. However, in order to capture this content, there are a few criteria that need to be met in order to collect properly for the brand.
First, you must make sure that you have been properly enrolled into a campaign or partnership that the brand has established along with having access to your Live URL provided by the brand. Next you will want to ensure that your social media accounts are properly connected via the Network Connections tab within the Live URL. This allows GRIN access to scan for content that meets the brands requirements when it is posted (specifically for Instagram Stories).
GRIN supports content collection from the following platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube, and Twitch, but in some cases we are unable and currently do not support certain types of content from these platforms.
In this article, you will learn:
- What content does GRIN support?
- What content does GRIN not Support?
- How can I capture unsupported content?
What content does GRIN support?
GRIN supports the following content and is able to pull this content in once your social media network is synced on you contact profile.
- Instagram grid posts
- Instagram Stories (OAuth verification must be completed)
- Instagram Reels (if shared to your grid)
- Instagram IGTV (if shared to your grid)
- Facebook posts and videos posted to a Facebook Page
- Twitter posts
- Twitch videos
- Youtube videos
- TikTok videos
- Pinterest posts
- Instagram Stories will be captured as long as you have completed OAuth verification.
- Instagram Reels and IGTV content and metrics will be captured as long as they are posted on the Instagram main grid.
- Instagram Reels and IGTV can also be manually uploaded into the Live URL by making a small adjustment to the URL link of the content that will then be uploaded into the Live URL.
What content does GRIN not Support?
In some cases, GRIN is unable to pull in specific supported network content types. This is due to either the content is not supported by the networks API or permissions need to be granted by the influencer before the content can be pulled.
- Instagram Stories solely with stickers in place of typed in mentions/hashtags
- Facebook Stories
- Facebook posts or videos posted on a Facebook profile
- Twitter Stories (i.e. fleet)
How can I capture unsupported content?
While we are unable to capture some content types, but this should not prevent you from posting these media types! There are other ways to capture these content types, allowing you the freedom to continue to be as creative as possible with your content for your brands.
- If an Instagram story is posted with a sticker or if you have not completed the OAuth verification, then you will need to upload the content and metrics within the Deliverable task on your Live URL. Only one story frame and metrics screenshot combo can be uploaded for each deliverable task.
- For Facebook stories, this content can be uploaded raw within the Other Uploads section of the Live URL. Unfortunately, metrics cannot be captured using this method.
- Facebook posts must be made on a Facebook Page in order for GRIN to pull the content. If content is posted to a profile, it will be incompatible.
- For Twitter Stories, this content can be uploaded raw within the Other Uploads section of the Live URL. Unfortunately, metrics cannot be captured using this method.