A Giveaway Campaign is when brands partner with an influencer to run a: product, service or experience giveaway through the influencer's social accounts. The followers are urged to enter the giveaway by completing a few simple actions e.g. like a photo, use a certain hashtag, leave a comment, share the content.
Why run a Giveaway Campaign?
A Giveaway Campaign is a great way to engage with your target market and increase your social media presence. They can be executed on any social media platform making them flexible and simple to implement.
Budgets are predictable; you are responsible for compensating your influencers with the product and supplying the giveaway product. Making staying within a restricted budget manageable.
They can be carried out at any stage of the influencer relationship. Test a new influencer and get a feel for their audience by running a Giveaway Campaign or use one of your favorite influencers to announce a new product launch through a Giveaway Campaign.
How do I get started creating a Giveaway Campaign?
Step 1 Identify your goals and metrics to measure the return on investment.
Step 2 Determine the type of giveaway and social platform.
Step 3 Find your influencer.
Step 4 Implement your campaign!
Step 5 Analyze the goals and metrics of the campaign.
How do I measure the success of my Giveaway Campaign?
- Brand Awareness can be measured by follower growth, number of mentions and reach.
- Engagement can be measured by the number of likes, comments, and shares.
- Website Traffic can be measured by an increase of traffic to your website during the campaign timeline.
Quick Tips on Giveaway Campaigns.
- Be sure to look into laws surrounding giveaways in the location you're running the giveaway. Consult the law before setting your giveaway rules to understand the giveaway and social media platform legalities.
- Be clear in your giveaway rules. Make sure to clearly explain how to enter your giveaway and how you are selecting a winner. Have a defined start and finish date.
- Make the prize something people actually want. Your prize doesn't have to be a product. It could be an experience, e.g. the chance to dine with your influencer. The prize also needs to be enticing enough to drive action.
- Choose your influencers based on your prize. Choosing an influencer that you already have an established relationship with is best used for larger prizes, while newer influencers are better for smaller prizes, e.g. gift cards.
- Make sure your prize is worthy of the amount of effort required to enter your giveaway. For example, if your prize is a limo and entrance to a launch event, you might have people post a 20-second video explaining why they deserve to win and use a specific hashtag. If your prize is a $100 gift card, it might be more appropriate to have people like a piece of content has their entrance to the giveaway.
Potential Entrance Requirements and Ways to Pick Winners:
- Have people like, share, or comment on a piece of content to enter the giveaway. Pick a winner randomly. There are lots of free tools available that allow you to randomly draw a name from a specific type of social media engagement on a piece of content.
- Have people engage in multiple ways with your content to enter. For example, you could require a combination of a like, share, follow or comment combination.
- Have people create content to enter. This could be a video explaining why they deserve to win, e.g. a creative video or photo - it's up to you what kind of content you want them to create to enter. Pick a winner by choosing the piece of content that has the most likes.
Giveaway Campaign Ideas.
- Gifting and Unboxing Campaigns: In your Gifting and Unboxing Campaign, have your influencer announce a Giveaway Campaign.
- Influencer as Creator Campaigns: have your influencer create the content for your Giveaway Campaign and set the giveaway prize as the product/service featured in your Influencer as Creator Campaigns.
- Branded Content Campaigns: have your influencer run a giveaway featuring the product/service in your Branded Content Campaign.
- Event Activation Campaigns: have your influencer run a giveaway promoting an event with the prize being free entrance to the event.